Thursday 3 October 2013

Zbrush - W.I.P Gun alien Dude - Update

Another quick update on this fella. I'm very happy with his face and expression and I'm finally starting to composite my renders in Gimp.
Click to enlarge
Above is an early stages rough out of some composited render layers.
Getting back to the sculpting for a moment, I'm very happy with the scarf and how it came out. I've been teaching myself Marvellous Designer and also getting to grips with some of Zbrush's features for texturing such as Noisemaker. I love this plugin! I use it for getting some gret procedural bump map textures as well as colour patterns (as seen on the scarf and the vest the guy above is wearing). 
I also used Blender to make the cable wrapped around the fella's arm (I just felt he needed something to add more interest to that area). I used bezier curves - which is kinda tedious and time consuming but it works. I then converted the curve to editable polygons and imported it into Zbrush where I could continue to colour and texture it using Noisemaker. 
I think this image should come out pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment